This weeks thoughts and advice post is going to be about starting a blogpost. I have written a similar blogpost on Bloglovin called Creating a blog but in this blog I am writing is about the do's and don'ts.
1. Don't pay for any domain or to post a blog until you start to built up some traffic and also you may want to change the name of your blog. Once you have built up an audience then pay for a domain and upgrade your site if you wish to
2. Write about what you do know rather what you don't know, as then you have less chance of getting writers block, where you can lose sight of who you are writing to.
3. Keep a list of blogposts you want to write about, I do this using my Notepad on my phone and I write them down in my planner
4. Use sites like Pinterest, Bloglovin, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram to promote your blogposts
5. Have confidence in your writing, because if you don't believe in it, how do you expect someone else to believe in your writing
6. Print off your own business cards and labels, if you are going to be selling items from your blogs, and go to seminars, workshops so you can build a social network by word of mouth
7. If you want to write a book to go with your blog then, learning from what I know now is create an EBook, which you can self publish at no cost through Amazon. Then later create a full book of the subjects you write about.
8. Build up your income for your blogs and keep notes of what you are spending on to help with your blogposts if you are doing hauls, shopping ideas etc
9. Create printables where your audience can download a worksheet, an EBook or even a cheat sheet on various subjects
Check out my these cheat sheets within these two posts below:
10. Create a diary and schedule of when you can post blogs to keep the posting of them consistent, and let your audience know so they are kept in formed and know to look out for it.
Many thanks for reading,